I want to first say THANK YOU to my family, friends, co-workers who are also dear friends, VA employees (the ones who care about those they serve), and everyone we've come in contact with these past few years who have helped us in so many ways. Since Jeremy's first deployment to Iraq in September of 2005, our little family has had many challenges, some bigger than others, but through everything we have learned so much, grown by leaps and bounds, and have been blessed beyond belief. I think back and marvel at the kindness of others and the service that has been rendered on our behalf. The highlights...
- When Tytan was born and Jeremy was in a desert far away, my sister-in-law, Erin, and my mom were there to hold my hands and help me through some serious physical discomfort. We were even extended an invitation by Bishop Donahoo and another offer from Erin's mom, Jacque to let us stay in their respective homes while Jeremy was gone so I wouldn't have to be alone.
- When Jeremy came home the first time, two very amazing bosses, Denise & Rulon, allowed me to come back to work, and take "pump" breaks, and even alter my working hours to fit with Jeremy and Tytan's schedules.
- When we moved to Georgia, and Jeremy switched from the Reserves to Active Duty, we met friends like the Linn's, the Swain's, the McMullin's, the Griffith's, the Scriven's, the Starbuck's, the Pierce's, the Murphy's, the Pratt's, the Wienle's, the Later's, and lots more who were happy to have us there and welcomed us with open arms from the start.
- When Jeremy left for a second trip to the desert, there were those same friends who understood what deployments were all about and were there to care about us and help me move our belongings into storage so I could be with family while Jeremy was away.
- While he was gone, I was able to live with my brother Bobby and his family in Florida and enjoy their active household, which helped me to get through the weeks at a time of not hearing from Jeremy, and the times when hearing from Jeremy brought with it new stresses.
- When Jeremy came home, quite suddenly and with some serious combat related disorders, I came back to Georgia, and to many of those previous friends (see above) and more...the Tomlinson's, the Stroud's, the Gonzalez's, the Ence's, the Harrell's, the Meadow's, the Slaughter's, the McGrath's (who are actually family) and basically the entire Edgewood ward. They helped us move our belongings again, and my family and I were cared for by each of them in more ways than I can say. We would not have made it through some really tough times without their love, generosity, listening ears, and friendship.
- I needed to go back to work and that necessity resulted in far more than just getting a job. Amanda Remembered, Inc. was the most perfect place to work and the workplace included women who became more dear to me than any co-workers possibly could. Barbara, Robin, Mary, Kate, Joann, and Linda made it so enjoyable to go to work everyday...they taught me so much, listened when I needed to vent, hugged me when my heart was breaking, laughed out loud with me often, helped me realize that having a girl would be fun, gave me so many gorgeous clothes for my children, and were much cheaper and more effective than any therapist could have possibly been.
- When circumstances changed and we moved back to Idaho, we were welcomed with love by our family. My brother Steve and his wife Marilyn opened their home to us and helped Jeremy find a job and begin to get our lives back in order.
- Before our little Mylie was born, a couple in our ward, the Wood's, asked us to stay in their home while they were away for the winter. This allowed us the chance to feel like we had a place of our own again to bring our little girl into the world and get used to our growing family.
- When the winter ended, my mom made room for us in her little house and allowed me the chance to try and organize her home, take over her kitchen, her bedroom, her laundry room, her yard, and even try and tell her what to do in regards to her health, her budget, and her lifestyle. I'd say that's a pretty remarkable mom!
- Now that the snow has melted, I enjoy the 4 mile walks every morning with my niece, Meagan, and her kids in their stroller, my sister, Suzie, and her husband, Doug, who pushes Tytan in his stroller, and the extra pounds Mylie brings as I carry her in the Bjorn.
- I love having Tytan play in the yard with his cousins, Coen, Atlas, Emily, Joshua, Caleb, Matthew, Tyler, Ava, Cannon, Cale, Kama & James. I'm so happy getting hugs from my brother, Alan; talking to my sister-in-law, Sandy; getting to know my nephew, Brad and his wife, Jessie better; having FHEs with my neice, Meagan, and her husband, Brent; laying in the sun with my sister, Suzie and hanging out with her family, especially when Michael & Brittany and Alyssa come to visit; going to the library and lunch with my neice, Lindsay, and her daughter, Ava; walking with my sister-in-law, Kelli, and seeing my brother Dennis when he flies back into town; seeing my nephew, Kellen, grow into such a great Navy seal; sharing Chai tea and a nice chat with my niece, Lorin; and enjoying the time spent with family when they all come back home.
Jeremy, Tytan, Mylie and I are happier, healthier (mentally & physically), and a much more cohesive family because of all of you who have loved us, served us, prayed for us, and given us so much. We are especially grateful to our Heavenly Father who blesses us and loves us far more than we can comprehend. THANKS AGAIN to you all!

11 comments:
You are so cute! I know we just met you guys, well I did back in March I think but you guys are so nice and we really enjoyed our Saturdays with you guys! I am like you and like to express myself through a blog! Doesn't it make you feel so good to have written it and I am so glad that you guys are doing great :)
I love you guys!
Love ya Aunt Amy!
You are so sweet. The nicest thing is that you fill everyone around you with a great spirit. You deserve every nice thing that comes your way. We love your family!!
We LOVE You, Reynolds! If anyone deserves a million blessings, its you! I'm sorry I haven't checked the blog in a while, I've been too busy whining about my miniscule trials! lol..You have been one of my best examples in a friend, wife, mother, that I have ever met. You are amazing, and I wish I could see you!!
Oh, we love you and miss you so much!!! Your friendship means the world to us too!
You are amazing! I remember the first time that I "really" met you was right before John and I got married and it was only for a few minutes, but I told my sister, how wonderful you were and you made me feel like I was the only person in the room. You really have that kind of effect on people. I have really enjoyed the few visits that I have had with you since I moved up this way and thank you SO much for your sweet spirit! You deserve all the blessings that come your way.
Wow Amy...you continually amaze me with the depth of optimism and gratitude you wield again circumstance (ANY circumstance) and are a real inspiration to me. Thanks for sharing your heartfelt thoughts - we appreciated your shout-out but love spending time with you, Jeremy and the kids and find great pleasure in being part of your young and energetic family. We had a great time with you this weekend! Much love...
This was fun to read but I hope that you realize what you have brought to our lives also!! Your family is amazing and wonderful and just knowing you is a gift beyond words! You were always there for us too and I am so grateful for our life with the Reynolds in it!! AMY YOU ROCK!!! We love you! We miss you and think of you often!! And by the way, you have really cute kiddos! Thanks for the shared adventures!!
I feel the same way. Well, generally. I've looked back at the last 7 yrs and at first I panicked and thought 'how do I keep my children from all this chaos'. But when I realized the chaos was me being blind to awesome tests that have strengthened myself and my family more than I could every do on my own, I realized how much I have to be grateful for. Hope all stays well!
That is beautiful!
Sorry you have very trying times, but at the same time thankful you are. (The best get hit the hardest). Prayers for you family. I missed you all at the family reunion :( so wish I could have been there. BTW there are tons of pictures posted on facebook.
Post a Comment