Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Soccer Mornings

I find it hard to believe how fast time seems to go by. Time seemed to go by sooooo slowly when I was a kid, but now it seems like my kids lives are permenantly in fast forward mode. So here is my latest excuse for not blogging or keeping in touch with anyone for awhile...the snow finally melted and the daylight hours are longer here in the north, so we've been outside a lot.
Tytan enjoyed his first season of park & rec soccer and loved it. He was in the 3-4 year old league and let me tell ya, those kids are so fun to watch. They all run in one large group and most of the time don't know which goal is their's. We would constantly be yelling "run this way" or "run that way", and their little legs would go. It took Tytan practically the entire season to realize that although he was smaller than most of the team, he too could kick the ball. During his last game (there were six for the entire season) he got into the heat of the battle and actually made contact with the ball about 3 times (that was more than any other game). He had a great time and is always asking when he can go to his soccer game again...the fall season seems to be too far away for him.
Tytan also was able to play in the same league as his cousin, Cale. Unfortunately, they never played each other's team, but that might have been a good thing...

1 comment:

Porter Family said...

I can't believe Cale is that big!! Holy cow, I've been gone a long time. I love little kids playing soccer. Too cute.